CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Girls Camp

Hello all as I am defrosting my cold bones....I went to girls camp. Our Stake has gone in the fall (Oct) for about 5 yrs in a row now and we have just been lucky I guess. Never has it been so cold as it was this last weekend.

You know how much drama 12 -18 yr old girls have anyway and the cold just added to the whining. Ha ha ha.

I never layer clothes because I get too hot. Well 2 shirts, a sweatshirt, and fuzzy warm hat later I was still looking for something to not make me look like the little kid in "A Christmas Story" but to not get chilled. I forgot my camera but can tell you the fashion statements being made were hilarious.....especially on sunday when they had to wear a dress all day. The leaders conceded the fact that pants under the skirts and dresses were not only encouraged but necessary. We had the service outside and like magic the sun shined on us and the wind did not blow for that 2 hour span. That is a good memory to focus on.

Most special was being there with Bronte (13 yr old grand daughter). She had a little drama of her own with some friends and we just hugged and talked. She is taller than me now but hopefully we can always communicate.

9 comments:

Vera said...

Sounds like the fashion statement was totally 'plig'... Its a real fashion show around here with the pants under the dress. Especially at Walmart, thats where most of the fashion can by spyed. Oh, I bet that was fun to go to camp with your granddaughter. Hell Julie, are you that old?

Julie H said...

Yes Vera---I am that old. Ha ha. Guess I just started way young too. We were grandparents at 36.
Oh and yes we all commented about fitting in if we were in Colorado city. Tennis shoes and all.

Carla Wa Wa said...

Julie, is this what you meant fur me to do??? 'member I'm from the sticks????

bev said...

I took my turn at girl's camp one time many years ago. I should have turned the job down. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. Hated every minute of it. Welcome back. Stay warm.

macmommy said...

I'm glad your home and toasty in your own house! Sorry to hear Bronte had drama...course she's a teenage girl so it's inevitable! Have I mentioned I don't miss much about being a teenager?? Well, no bills and my mom's checkbook was nice ;0) ha ha!

Miriam said...

Dresses--were you camping????
Girls Camp! Sounds fun--I did have fun the 11 YEARS!!!! I went. Lots of cold nights, etc--but had a blast with the girls and the other ladies!

Julie H said...

Yes dresses and camping Mimi....Was in cabins. They decided to do it over a sunday and so we did the whole church thing. Like I said. What a fashion show it was.
And Beverly--sorry your experience was so bad. I really love going. Have gone like 6 out of the last 8 years. This one was just cold!!

sherry said...

Oh I am double jealous! I love girls' Camp and would go every year if I possibly could. And having to bundle up in the cold weather sounds just lovely to me! My post parum body could use all of the layers I can get;) Glad you are home and warm!

Ashley said...

I remember the camp years. Hey my next door neighbor is sister Taft's son yes the Taft from Pine and the one that owns camp lamia. Crazy huh?