CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

6 quirky Things

I preface this with....I am totally normal. So quirks are just loveable attributes I have. Ha ha
1. I can't eat food that is over cooked. Golden is the limit. Black belongs on Halloween and fire ashes....not my food.
2. Last day on vacation is pack and clean up....I hate "staying that whole extra day" because I just worry if everything will get done and we will get home ok. Driving or flying I need them to be scheduled early. The last day is a disappointment otherwise. Doesn't hold for Gary so I just drive him nuts and we get in a fight.
3. I have relaxed slightly....but food just can't touch. OK I know it all goes the same place. I don't care. Green beans in my jello salad is just pukey. Pot lucks stress me a bit for that reason. Bev I love ya but if you worry about who cooks what you must never eat out.
4. My purse....My kids would tease me by just trying to hang on to it...or take the grocery cart 12 inches from my person. I don't know why. I never have anything good in there. No illicit phone numbers or money for that matter. Its just my purse and everyone keep their @#@&#* hands off!
5. I use alot of "old sayings" like--mind your p's and q's.....now they are referred to as Dr Philisms because he uses so many. I feel old saying them but I do believe my mom used them alot and I just took up the cause when I got to be an adult.
6. I have to fight hard not to buy something because its "on sale". Does it really make it a better value or something worth having? I don't know but if its 50% off bells and whistles just go off in my brain that I shouldn't pass it up. Is a good thing when its been a purchase I wanted to or would have made anyway but come on people, when will I ever use a rice steamer when I really don't like rice in the first place?

OK...now I am tagging Laura and Angie. Also my friend Carla...will be a good time to pick on Chelsea to set up your blog. Go for it and can't wait to read everyones quirks.

8 comments:

macmommy said...

I remember those times when I would walk away with the cart and watch you melt down. Lose a kid in a grocery store, fine, but move the purse an inch....MELTDOWN!! Ha ha, totally just joking. I still remember the panic in your face that day...so wow rambling....;0)

macmommy said...

Ha ha--I know you panicked. I was having a blast till I saw that look on your face! Even as a kid I felt bad for that. We should buy you a fanny pack so you know your stuff is always there-he he =) I can tell how tired I am, I think I used meltdown in that last comment a little too much.

brit said...

oh my gosh! my mom totally does that purse thing. was there somehting weird about your childhood or what? seriously, i can relate to the story by macmommy. ha ha

Wendell and Carole said...

Vera is totally like you with the purse thing, it's kind of like Aunt Fern and Aunt Venice, holding on to their purses, they probabley didn't have a nickle in them, but by damn, they needed to keep an eye on them, so obviously, that is from the Batley side. And I am with you on the food thing, no food on the plate, should touch the other food, ugh.

Vera said...

Hey, its my purse. Its like looking at my boobs or something. You don't touch unless you are invited... People are too noosey these days. (Britney).. And yes, I knew I was a true Batley when I found a big rubber band to put around my wallet the other day. Now everything is safe and tucked in. Fern would be so proud of me. Ahh, Julie, I miss Susie. I wish she was here to blog with us. Huh?

Julie H said...

Oh Vera....I totally agree. I know Susie had some of the Huntington quirks. She could have added a whole new sphere to the oddities.
I love that you have a purse thing too!! I really like the rubber band idea and had forgotten they did that stuff.

Wendell and Carole said...

Oh I miss Susie so much too. Wish she were to blog with us. She is probabley learning all about rubber band's and hand bag's, from the best of 'em.

Miriam said...

Those are good ones Julie! Thanks for sharing and making me smile.